20090204

Mexico City/Day 3


Its now time to do some serious post producing. Mark and I have been putting in some overtime processing all of these files. We have to edit and tweak something like 6000 files! We have already put in a couple of 16 hour days and it looked like we had another long night a head of us! We usually start at around 8:30 and work all day until around midnight hit the sack then wake up and start all over again. We had decided to go out once we had things under control and let our machines do some batch processing while we enjoyed Mexico City. Mark,Rene and I decided to go to the Zocalo and walk around check out some stores and go check out the new archeological find uncovered about 8 months ago downtown. Mexico city is pretty amazing with the Constitution Square, the Metropolitan Cathedral,Presidential Palace and all of the wonderful Mexican people! We decided that it was time to find a nice out door restaurant and get some tequila,beer and food. We found a wonderful place right next to the Metropolitan Cathedral, what a backdrop! Its funny to think that this time yesterday I was drinking in downtown Mexico City right next to a church that was built in the 1500's! Mark,Rene and I sat around for a while finishing off our food and drink and soon it was time to go, after all we still had editing to do! We eventually got back to the hotel drunk on beer,food and the beauty of the city. We were immediately regretting the last two shots of tequila once we got back to the hotel, its really hard to concentrate on editing photos once you got your buzz on. We prevailed, some how we fought off the pleasant warmness of being drunk and flipped our drunk switch off and got back to work. We worked until about 1:30 in the morning we finally finished everything and now we had to start packing , we were leaving for the airport at 7:00am. Gabe had actually met a girl at the show in Mexico City so he was on a hot date and didn't get in until around 4:30 in the morning.......lucky dog. Soon enough the phone was ringing at 6 in the morning giving me a near fatal heart attack as I desperately tried to remember where the hell I was. Oh yes Mexico City damn I have to go back to Chicago today!! I really was not looking forward to the frigid temperatures and the dirty hard snow. We all met in the hotel restaurant for one last breakfast, I felt a bit sad I had really gotten along with Gabe ,Rene and of course Mark. I enjoyed everyone's company everyday of this job ,it was an absolute pleasure and in a few hours the family would be broken up and displaced. I really enjoyed visiting these countries some of them where not the safest and some of their politics I don't agree with but the people I came across and met were wonderful, extremely friendly and warm.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. ..Thx and I interest your post. Wishing you a very Happy day and smile for you http://cynthiabs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete