20090211

Orpheus and Euridice


















So while staying my last nights in the over luxurious "W" hotel I got a phone call from a friend of mine Rob Funderburk (http://robfunderburk.blogspot.com/). Rob is a very talented artist and an over all awesome guy. I actually met Rob on a shoot with a photographer Stuart Mullenberg, another talented all around great person. Rob had offered some work to me which I gladly took, a little pro bono project. Rob had created a mural for Chicago Opera Vanguard (http://www.4ringcircus.net/COV/season/orpheus.htm) , a theater group in Chicago. The piece was called Orpheus and Euridice, Orpheus was the son of Apollo was presented with a lyre and taught to play. He played it with such skill that no man,woman,child nor beast could withstand the charm of his notes. In the play the lyre was changed to a clarinet. The production was wonderful, great music, great choreography and in a great space! Rob had created the mural, it had very organic lines and he said he was trying to mimic the lines the actors were creating. I really enjoyed working with Rob and everyone at the Chicago Opera Vanguard.

No comments:

Post a Comment