20090201

Mexico City/Day 1



Mexico City..... a mass of humanity a sprawling and never ending. There are so many cars here its unbelievable and everyone drives like a maniac. My first impression of Mexico City is over crowded, dirty, poor and bad graffiti everywhere. We finally pulled up to the W Hotel ,we have been staying at 5 star hotels in every city. I feel that when working like we are non stop, you almost have to have a really nice hotel to ease the weariness of travel and work. The show was actually the next day so we had our usual preparations,then we went out for steaks and whiskey. We are staying in Palanco, which is a section of Mexico City thats very very nice. Time flew as always and before I knew it we where on our way to the venue. The show was held at an old school in the zocalo of Mexico City. Driving thru the zocolo was amazing people everywhere and the streets and sidewalks are filthy in a good way .This place was amazing, stone work like I have never seen before, really great masonry it almost looked like a spanish castle from the 1800's. The roof of this place was gone and they had put a steel and canvas structure over the top , the sunlight was diffused by the canvas and really was beautiful light. The building is two stories with archways around the whole venue at each floor with the stage in the center. Elton John was playing with James Blunt at this show so I got to sit and take photos of James Blunt at the press conference. This was crazy paparazzi everywhere I felt sorry for the guy,he seems like a really thoughtful and caring person but part of me was thinking he was laying it on a little thick. The show finally ended and we found our rides headed back to the hotel to drop of our gear, grab a drink and head to The Four Seasons hotel for the after party. We pulled up and headed upstairs where The Edge, a production company we have been working with were partying along with Buchanan's executives, James Blunt and other random people. I drank about 3 whiskey and cokes and proceeded to dance my ass off to some of the worst house music ever, but it was fun and our crew was ruling the floor. Soon we left got back to the hotel Gabe, Rene and I decided to go to the sweat lodge at 4 in the morning. I brought a beer with me as the elevator doors opened I cracked it open and the sound was deafening it scarred the shit out of the hotel guard. He told us the sweat lodge was closed so we decided it was a good time to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment