20090130

Bogota,Columbia Day #3/Elton John Show


After the bomb scare we all eventually went to bed to wake up and start another day, business as usual. I was really excited about the day before, checking out Bogota and getting some good photos I really want to come back to Bogota. But now I had to spend much of the day post producing files of the show from Caracas, so spending the entire day in a hotel in Bogota was .....well.........work. Mark and I accomplished a lot and soon it was time to get ready for the show in Bogota. We made our usual routine of packing gear, checking all of the computers and so on. We ate at an italian restaurant right next to out hotel to save time. Everything is very well coordinated so you have to be on time or you risk having to find your own way there which can be dangerous. Since this trip 2 people have been robbed and a bomb exploded near our hotel. We all piled in the van and drove about 30 minutes to the venue. We got there and people were already waiting for Elton John, and when you pull up in a van with press passes people seem to wonder if you are associated with him in any way. The venue was amazing, really big with great colors, video projections, lots of space and a huge stage. Elton John has been playing with this guy Fonseca, apparently he is hot shit in Latin America I have been staring at this guys face for like 3 days now! The show went fine much better than in Caracas we got the final selects for Elton John and Fonseca and showed the images to their PR people.......job done. We packed up and got the hell out of there headed back to the hotel, we were all eager to get back being that we had to get up a 5 am only a few hours away. BHHHAAA BHHHAAAA BHHHAAAA!!!!! Shit its 5:15 already time to get up and fly to Mexico City. I haven't slept too much on this trip I always have a hard time when its not my bed. I rolled out of bed showered and before I knew it I was back in the van headed to a private airport where we took a chartered flight to Mexico City. We made a pit stop in southern Mexico to refuel take care of immigration then we were back in the air. About an hour later we were descending upon Mexico City ready for landing. Arriving in Mexico City was kind of a blur I have been really tired and not sleeping much. Mexico City is huge with a ton of cars and apparently the police are extremely feared in this town. It is always advised to carry cash with you so you have something to give your thief, 50 bucks could save your life in this town. We got out luggage and of course the cops started asking me for my passport, im convinced they are taken aback by my extreme good looks ;) I gave him my passport and he looked at me and just gave it back to me. We got back in the van and drove to the W hotel in Mexico City, I should actually say we sat in traffic for an hour and twenty minutes. Finally after 13 hours of traveling we made our destination! Tomorrow is the last show and the line up is Elton John and James Blunt......I'm pretty sure after this I will not be listening to Elton John for a good long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment