20111121

Prints for Sale!



Photograph: ©Steven Karl Metzer2011/"Tooth Extraction"

So I have decided to start selling some prints on Etsy. I have been recently doing a little bit of still life work breaking away from the human form for a bit and just start doing little still lifes. Everyone seems to like this print so I put it up for sale. http://www.etsy.com/listing/86721014/photographic-print-tooth-extraction-2011

The image is of my first tooth extraction from about a week ago. It was a surreal process with all of the high end x-ray machines and digital print outs on wall mounted monitors, with state of the art blood pressure machines and dental tools. In the end the dentist just came at me with a pair of pliers. It went from being super high tech to straight up mid-evil. The dentist was very good and talked me through the whole process. I even felt safe as he put me in a head lock trying to pull the wisdom tooth from the
clinches of my gums and jaw.

 So this is the first bandage they put in my mouth after the extraction. I went to change it and started staring at it and it became more intriguing with all of the cross patterns of the actual cotton mixed
with the redness of the blood. So I photographed it on a white sweep

I have more images that I will add to my Etsy Portfolio but for now its just this one. This is a 15x17 image on 16x20 paper. It's a signed digital print using Kodak Endura Lustre Paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment