20110610

Welder Shoot/Millers Eureka Inc/Chicago,Il





















Recently I had a bracket built for my motorcycle and I went to my friend Eugene's welding shop. As I strolled in I started walking around the shop and quickly forgot about my bracket and started focusing on the individuals and equipment there. I instantly wanted to capture some portraits in the shop. So after meeting with the owner and discussing my idea with Eugene we made it happen. I decided to use my 4x5 camera and shoot film along with some digital capture. So this is some of the first imagery of my photo project on Welders and Mechanics.
I had a really great time shooting everyone at this shop everyone was really receptive to my big clunky 4x5 and my assistant Shawn was great. I hope to go back and finish my portrait session in the next week. I'm really excited to see my 4x5 film and see the beauty that is 4x5 film. I should be posting new imagery of the welder shots in the coming weeks so keep your eyes peeled!








No comments:

Post a Comment